Anysphere. San Francisco, United States.
- We're building the future of coding, starting with an AI-first code editor: Cursor.
- We're growing fast, and currently have on the order of tens of thousands of daily active users.
- Our lead investor is the OpenAI Fund.
- Our small team includes IMO gold medalists, deep learning researchers, YC founders, and creators of popular programming competitions.
- We're in-person on Octavia St near Hayes St, in San Francisco.
- Our most recent obsessions:
- Context building: how do we make an AI that can answer any question you have, just as well as the best programmer on your team?
- User interaction: how do we make it feel really good to interface with the AI, while preserving what programmers love the most — flow?
- Magic: how do we bring out the magic of AI?
- Parallelism: what does it look like when — to achieve true 10x productivity — humans will need to code in parallel, controlling an army of agents?
As programmers, we use Cursor as our daily driver. Building a product fundamentally useful for ourselves is thrilling.
Integrating AI with coding comes with many challenges. It comes with new paradigms and requires new ideas. Some of our work is in getting the very smartest models to be even smarter through loops and tools. Some of our work is in training really fast, finetuned models for specific workflows (intent prediction, reranking). And some of our work is in high-quality and high-velocity product engineering.
- Ship fast.
- Be agentic.
- Work with the latest models.
- Have genius insights about the future of coding.